MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Falling Into You - Jasinda Wilder This book destroyed me. I spent much of the first half in tears, crying so hard I had to stop at points. It was devastating and heartbreaking. Things didn't start to look up right away either, they were still painful and rough, and although the book ends on a happy note, it's not all rainbows and unicorns, and I was okay with that.

There were a few things that rankled my nerves, mainly the overuse of specific phrases. One of the things I really loved was that Wilder didn't feel the need to make Kyle less of a man, even after his death. I find that many times when a book deals with the loss of a loved one, that person is always knocked off their white horse in the most horrific ways. Instead, Wilder took a chance and kept Kyle on that pedestal and carved a new and different relationship between Nell and Colt. It was beautiful and real and didn't replace the love she had with Kyle, instead it shown just as bring in it's own and very different ways. Absolutely beautiful!