MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Lost City Shifters: Rebellion - Eleri Stone Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/03/29/review-rebellion-by-eleri-stone/

This was my first book from Stone, and since I’m such a big sucker for paranormal shifter romance, I was quick to accept this review. I’m so glad I did too, since it was a fun and different twist on the shifter world.

Cole is headed to the jungle to work out the details of the treaty with the Yaguara Cats. However, his plane is shot out of the sky before he even reaches them, and he is taken into rebel hands. The least suspecting rescue comes in the shape of a small yet fierce woman who takes Cole on a journey through the jungle he would never forget.

But their trip back to Taya’s home is just the start of their problems. Now they have a traitor to find, a treaty to work on, and an attraction that neither of them can deny. As the conflict heats up to unbearable temperatures, so does the spark between them. But they might not get the chance to move forward with their relationship, as the Yaguara tribe begins to crumble.

I really enjoyed this book, it was a little different than most shifter books. especially in the setting. I liked being in the jungle with a tribe of cats that is so old school they have kept themselves excluded from the outside world for centuries. Plus, Stone did a wonderful job of mixing in old folklore with her story. I thought that Stone did a good job of being unique with the setting of her book. It’s not very often that we get to explore the jungle, and I loved that she brought the lost city of El Dorado into her world. It was a fun and different and I really enjoyed the change of scenery.

The relationship between Cole and Taya was so great as well. I loved that they both had to overcome their negative reactions to one another in order to move forward with their relationship. Taya had to come to terms with the fact that her stereotype of who wolves are wasn’t correct, and that Cole didn’t want to keep her at home barefoot and pregnant. Cole had to come to terms with the fact that Taya is a warrior, just as strong physically as she is mentally. It was a great battle of the wits between these two, and I adored their courtship.

I really enjoyed the overall story in this book as well. I’m definitely going to have to go back and read the other books in the series. I liked that the two tribes came head-to-head in this book. They had been brutally fighting, and with this book they mix old school gladiator traditions with new school negotiations to finally resolve all their issues. It was a fun and great read.

All in all I really enjoyed Stone’s third book in the Lost City Shifters series. The characters were so enjoyable and the setting was a wonderful change of pace. I’m anxious to go back and read Stone’s backlist, as well as any future books in the series.

I give Rebellion a B.