MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Crazy On You (Lovett, Texas, #2) - Rachel Gibson Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2012/05/04/review-crazy-on-you-by-rachel-gibson/

I have been a big fangirl of Rachel Gibson for a long time now, and when I saw she had a little novella out, I couldn’t wait to read it. We go back to the world of Lovett, Texas for the story of Daisy’s little sister, Lily.

Lily has always been known for being a little crazy. She was wild as a teenager, and then after her horrible divorce, she let go and lived on the wild side for a bit. But now that her son in ten years old, she wants to make sure that he is never made fun of for his mother’s actions, so she is overly cautious about being on her best behavior, until she meets Tucker.

Tucker is new to Lovett, and has been admiring his neighbor for sometime now. When Tucker begins teaching her son how to play basketball, the two grow closer and begin a hush-hush relationship. But Tucker doesn’t want to be a secret, he wants everything Lily has to offer. But when he wants to go public, will Lily be able to let go of her past, in order to have a future?

While I enjoyed this story, it was definitely a little too short for me. I would have liked to see Tucker and Lily really get the chance to know one another, and I wanted to be able to really believe in their declarations of love. To me, it seemed like it all came about really quickly, and it seemed as if these two barely knew each other before declaring their love. For me, I would have been much happier with a HFN instead of an HEA.

I am really glad to be back in the town of Lovett though, and am excited to see where the next book in the series goes, especially since we got to see a little bit of the heroine from the Rescue Me. I really enjoyed Daisy’s story, Daisy’s Back In Town, and find that small-town romances are some of my favorites. I can only hope that Gibson and the Lovett, Texas series can live up to my expectations.

All in all this is a super short novella, and one that I thought could have used a little more development, especially on the relationship front. While I enjoyed Lily and Tucker both – they were well thought out and planned characters – I felt as if their relationship moved way too quickly. Because of that, I had a hard time buying into the fairytale ending.
I give Crazy On You a C