MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Dark Predator - Christine Feehan Review posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/09/23/review-dark-predator-by-christine-feehan/

Publisher: Piatkus
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: Pima County Library

I think I might be a bit of masochist, because for some reason I keep picking up these books. I probably should have stopped awhile ago, but I had hoped Feehan would get better after Ivory’s book, which I really enjoyed! Instead, this book didn’t seem to have anything to do with the overall Carpathian story arc and felt a little pointless to me.

I think the blurb summarizes well, so I wont rehash the plot, but I do have to say I felt like nothing really happened throughout the entire book. Sure Zacarias and Marguarita meet, realize they are lifemates, she saves him, he turns her, there are a couple vampire fights, and then it’s over. There wasn’t really anything in this book that pulled me in, kept me engaged, or had me wanting to keep reading.

In addition, I felt as if the characters were poorly lacking. Zacarias was the biggest jerk ever, and not once did I really even consider him romance hero worthy. He was overbearing and dominating and almost vengeful in the way he reacted to Marguarita. At times, their interactions with each other reminded me of a really bad Master and slave relationship. He took what he wanted, when he wanted it, regardless of her feelings and desires. I didn’t enjoy his character – at all.

But I didn’t always hate Zacarias. I was excited for his story, and was anxious to see who Feehan would pair him up with. Marguarita was NOT what I was expecting, and again her character didn’t resonate with me at all. She was so one sided, let Zacarias walk all over her and although she kept saying she made her decision to be with him after careful consideration, we never saw that consideration. It felt to me as if she decided to be with him willy-nilly, and then when he treated her like crap, she took it over and over. Then, when he turns her, she freaks out and claims she is done with him. The whole situation between the two of them felt off and cold and almost uncomfortable for me to read.

I think I will have to pick up Dimitri and Skylar’s book, because they have so much history, but besides that… It might be time to break up with the Carpathian Series.

All in all I was very disappointed with the 22nd (O_O) installment of this series. I felt as if the characters were living in the middle ages and I really didn’t feel any connection between Zacharias and Margaurita. The plot was slow and boring and the overall Carpathian story ARC didn’t seem to go anywhere.

I give Dark Predator a D-