MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Starstruck - Ashleigh Raine Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2012/02/20/review-starstruck-by-ashleigh-raine/

Publisher: Samhain
Publish Date: Feb 21st
How I got this book: eARC from author

I was intrigued by this book because the idea of an innocent girl left in Hollywood is a bit of an enigma, and I was excited to see how this one would play out. Not only was this one very sexy, but it also had a really feel good romance attached to it as well.
Jenna is trying for her big Hollywood debut, and she thinks her time as an extra might be the ticket. Little does she know that a mishap on set will ruin her chance that day, but a chance meeting more than makes up for it. Micah is jaded, thinking all women are only with him for a chance to better themselves. When Jenna doesn’t ask anything from him, Micah starts to believe that she is the real deal. But when their relationship is thrown into the limelight, will they be able to weather the paparazzi storm?

I seriously enjoyed this novella. I thought the romance between Micah and Jenna was super sweet, and very sexy. The warning of this book doesn’t lie, Micah and Jenna utilize every available surface of her place, his place and every place in between to get down and dirty. The sexy times were hot as all get out, and yet didn’t feel frivolous in any way either.

One of the things I loved the most was how genuine Jenna was. She was kind-hearted, sweet, innocent and a beautiful person inside and out. For how experienced she was in the sack, she also had a kind of naivety to her. She was pure and the kind of character that you wanted to root for, despite how perfect she seemed.

Although Micah took awhile to grow on me, I enjoyed watching Jenna pull him out of his despair and funk, bringing him back to the land of the living. He was so jaded and disheartened in the beginning of the book, so when he finally started smiling more, it was great to see. While I was a little peeved at his bonehead move towards the end, his character was still an overall great guy. I would have liked a little more groveling on his part though. (I could always use a little more groveling….)

All in all I really enjoyed my first Raine read. I would have liked to spend more time with Jenna and Micah, and would have like to see their relationship progress and develop more on page. However, for the length, I thought the romance played out so beautifully, the characters were fun and the ending left me felling all warm and gooey inside.
I give Starstruck a B