MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Pulled Long - Christine d'Abo Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/12/08/review-pulled-long-by-christine-dabo/

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: December 12th
How I got this book: NetGalley

I’m a little wary about my m/m books, but since I read the 2nd book in this series by d’Abo, I was willing to take the chance because I really enjoyed her writing.

Ian works crazy insane hours, especially since his sisters have both found committed relationships. The only romance he gets is with his customer who comes in to flirt. But when Ian discovered his office romance was with a guy going through a divorce, he ran screaming as quickly as possible, despite the attraction between them.

Jeff knows he wants Ian, and despite the fact that Ian pushes him away, Jeff refuses to give up. A night at the coffee shop turns into dinner, which turns into a date at the club Mavericks, which turns into so much more. But Ian’s scared and skittish, especially when Jeff admits that he wants more.

I was so excited for this story, because Ian and Jeff have so much history in the series. There were so many things leading up to their story that I was already invested in their HEA before the book released. I was worried that they would never get their chance, especially since Ian was so freaked out about Jeff being married to a woman.

One of the things that I really enjoyed in this book was watching Ian struggle. While he was open and very accepting of his homosexuality, there were also parts of him that were scared. He was scared that Jeff was only “playing” at being gay, he was scared of the relationship (or lack there of) with his father but most of all he was scared of being tossed aside for a woman. Again. I thought his journey of dealing and trying to accept everything was so well done. I felt everything Ian did, was connected to him in ways that I didn’t imagine possible.

I also really liked that Jeff never gave up on Ian. He wouldn’t go away. It wasn’t that he pushed or was a jack-ass either, but he stood his ground, was willing to prove to Ian that he wanted to be around for the long-haul. That dedication spoke volumes about his character and had me loving him even more.

I also really liked the fact that Ian’s sisters Paige and Sadie were so nosey about not just Ian’s love life but his life in general. I love when family dynamics shine through, and although this series consists of shorter length novellas, it’s obvious how much these siblings love and care for each other. I love when there is a very positive relationship between siblings, and d’Abo does a wonderful job of showcasing that.

All in all I thought this was a great m/m novella. While it was very heavy on the sex, it was also full of emotion and conflict and inner struggles. I went into the book ready to cheer for Jeff and Ian and was so happy with the way their story played out.
I give Pulled Long a B