MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Beauty Dates the Beast - Jessica Sims, Jill Myles My ARC was missing a couple pages, so there were a few scenes that I had to struggle through. That being said...

Jill Myles AKA Jessica Sims scores again with another hilarious and sexy paranormal romance that is sure to sweep readers off their feet. Bathsheba is fun and spunky and overly protective of her family. Beau is sexy and fierce and so alpha. The book is so fun and set the series up in a way that guarantees great sequels!

Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/10/17/review-beauty-dates-the-beast-by-jessica-sims/

Publisher: Pocket
Publish Date: October 25th
How I got this book: review request from Publisher

When the lovely Jill Myles announced she was starting a paranormal dating agency series under a different pen name, I was thrilled. What could be better than blind dates with vampires, shifters, and miscellaneous other paranormal creatures paired up with her hilarious humor?

Bathsheba is a human, working for the Midnight Liaisons, a supernatural dating agency, trying to keep things running smoothly while also trying to keep a secret from everyone. When one of their high profile clients’ date backs out on him, Bath finds herself stuck as the next best thing. And although humans aren’t allowed to date the clients, Bath is drawn to Beau more than she thought possible.

Beau is the head of the Alliance, and the moment he meets Bath he is instantly attracted. But each time he gets closer, she pushes him away, keeping herself and her secrets as far away from him as possible. But when danger ratchets up a notch, Beau refuses to leave Bath in the line of fire, secrets or not.

I adore Sims writing style, and her humor and light-hearted romance is always one that leaves me pleased after finishing a book. Add in the idea of a supernatural dating agency and I was left in stitches throughout.

I thought Bath was such a great leading lady. She was funny and quirky (a little ditzy at times, but all part of her charm) and although I’m not usually a huge fan of virgin heroines, I actually liked that about her. I loved how hard she worked to keep her sister Sara on the down-low, especially once she began getting more and more involved with Beau. I loved their relationship and the little things (and big things) Bath would do to keep her safe.

Beau was wonderful as well. He was another strong Alpha hero that I could fall for. Like all my other favorite alpha males, he was protective and possessive almost to the point of annoying, and when he saw something he wanted nothing could get in his way of taking it. He was both patient and understanding about Bath being a virgin, and I liked the way he handled it once he found out. An all around awesome alpha hero.

But for me, the couple who really stole the show were Bath’s sister Sara and Beau’s right hand bear Ramsey. Every time the two of them had a scene together they were shy and hilarious and snarky and obviously attracted to one another. Plus, the end of this book sets them up perfectly for the next, and I can just tell you now it is going to ROCK!

All in all I really enjoyed the first Midnight Liasons book. Bath and Beau fit together perfectly, and although the secondary characters really stood out more for me, I still loved the romance between the two. This was a typical Jill Myles/Jessica Sims book: fun and sexy and leaving me wanting more!

I give Beauty Dates the Beast a B+