MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Snapped - Laura Griffin Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/09/22/review-snapped-by-laura-griffin/

Publisher: Pocket
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: ARC from publisher

This was my first Griffin novel, and it will NOT be my last. I’m going to have to go back and get the other books in this series, because I absolutely fell in love with the world and the characters.

Sophie is headed to enroll in classes one day, and gets caught up in a nightmare. A shooting on campus has her hidden behind a statue for hours, watching others around her die. When it’s all over, Sophie worries that things might not be as cut and dry and the police think. With Jonah as the leading detective, and the man who helped her through the worst time in her life, she comes forward about her thoughts and fears.

Jonah isn’t sure what to think about Sophie’s theory, but he does know that above everything else, he wants to protect her. He is attracted to her in ways he never thought possible, and when attacks start happen towards Sophie, he will do just about anything to protect her and keep her safe. But will he be able to keep her safe from a madman?

I really liked this story, the premise, the plot, the romance and the characters (both main and supporting) were all expertly done. After just one book, I think Griffin has become a new favorite romantic suspense author for me. With the premise of Sophie working for one of the top crime labs in the world, I was immediately drawn in. I’m not a big fan of TV, but will admit that I LOVE crime shows, police dramas and anything to do with crime scene investigative topics. It’s something that intrigues me and keeps me engaged. So getting to see glimpses of that throughout the book, was incredible for me. Just another reason I can’t wait to go back and read the other books in this series.

The characters were amazing as well. Sophie is a little damaged, still dealing with the fall-out from when she was kidnapped. And although she is a little broke, she is still determined to live her life to the fullest. She wants to move on, she wants to get better, and she wants to do that with Jonah. I really enjoyed her spunk and determination. Jonah was great as well. He was strong and although he was set in his ways, he was also willing to do anything and almost everything for Sophie. Although he didn’t think either of them were ready for anything serious, he wanted, more than anything, to keep her safe and sheltered. Jonah was also a little broken to me, but that was just another one of his charms. I loved that although everyone else doubted Sophie, he was willing to give her theories a chance, to test them, and get to the bottom of whatever was going on.

One of the things that I really liked about the plot was how much time Jonah and Sophie spent on their own journey, as well as their relationship. They both had things they needed to work on separately, and together, and I loved that Griffin gave them time to do both. It made for a wonderful story and the romance was that much sweeter when they finally got together.

All in all I am super happy with my first Griffin read. The suspense was well drawn out but believable at the same time. The characters, both the main and supporting, were real and created wonderfully that kept me engaged and wanting to support them in any way. The romance was sweet and perfect for the couple.
I give Snapped an A-