MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Motor City Wolf - Cindy Spencer Pape Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/09/07/review-motor-city-wolf-by-cindy-spencer-pape/

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: NetGalley

This was my first read by Pape, and I am definitely going to go back and read the other books in this series, I really enjoyed this book!

Fianna has been banned from the Seelie court and stripped of her powers, forced to live on Earth and work in a werewolf bar. Although it’s a completely different experience for her, it isn’t exactly hard for her to work with Greg day in and day out. She is attracted to him and when he tells his grandfather he is going to take her as his mate, she is excited, but worried its all a rouse.

Greg wants nothing more than to have Fianna in his bed, but he also won’t date employees, until things heat up between them and he can’t resist her anymore. Then, once someone starts killing weres and attacking his bar, Greg is having a doubly hard time controlling everything around him, especially his attraction for her. When things go from bad to worse and Greg almost loses her, he realizes just how important she is in his life.

Even though this was my first Pape read, and this book is the third in her Urban Arcana series, I never felt lost of confused in the story. Pape did a good job of explaining the previous books without losing the momentum of this particular story.

I really enjoyed Greg and Fianna, they were both real characters and I was able to fall in love with them and their story quickly. Even though Fianna lived a life of wanting for nothing, she was still tortured and hurt by her family. But despite that, she had a huge heart and a loyalty about her that was endearing and sweet. I was cheering for her from the first page. I also liked how clueless she was at times, having been sheltered her whole life. She was a very pure and innocent character and I loved that about her.

Greg was great as well. He was loyal and protective and alpha to the core. He fought for his family, stood up to his grandfather and was desperate to protect Fianna at all costs. I will say that I was a little surprised that he didn’t catch onto who was trying to kill Fianna, but Pape did a wonderful job of leaving so many trails that even I didn’t catch on very quickly. But still, I expected a little more from Mr. Alpha.

All in all I really enjoyed my first Pape read. The world building was fun and easy to follow, especially for someone coming in at the middle of the series. The characters were all well done and easy to root for. I can’t wait to go back and re-read the first few books in the series, as well as the books to come!
I give Motor City Wolf a B.