MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Savor the Danger - Lori Foster Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/07/07/review-giveaway-savor-the-danger-by-lori-foster/

Publisher: HQN
Publish Date: Out Now
How I got this book: NetGalley

I seriously can not say enough wonderful things about this book. I absolutely loved and adored it, I don’t think there was one thing about it I didn’t like. Please note that the following review will probably consist of one huge fangirl SQUEE!!

Jackson Savor has always had a thing for Alani, so when he wakes up in bed next to her, he should feel like all his dreams come true, EXCEPT for the fact that he’s been drugged and can’t remember what was sure to have been the best night of his life. Then, a misunderstanding leads Alani to believe that Jackson had second thoughts about her, and she is devastated.

But when someone seems out to get Jackson and Alani, the two must stick together like glue. Jackson is happy with the plan because that means he gets the chance to work out the problems between them. While danger surrounds them, things heat up quickly both in the bedroom and outside the bedroom. Will they be able to keep their cool and stay alive long enough to enjoy each other?

Let me just start by saying that I have a new favorite book hero, and Jackson is it. He is funny, caring, possessive, sexy, everything a girl could want in her alpha hero. Don’t judge this book by the cover, while that model is good lookin’, he doesn’t do Jackson justice! I loved his struggle with trying to remember his and Alani’s night together, his desire to win her over in any way possible and his willingness to keep her in the loop always. He was one hundred percent dedicated to her and it showed in every word, action and thought. I think my husband might actually have to be worried…

I adored Alani from the moment we met her in When You Dare. Her past experience with being kidnapped for the slave trade was horrific and scary. Getting to see more of her, watch her grow and blossom under Jackson’s care was just the perfect ending to her story. I liked that she knew her limits; was able to admit to herself and Jackson that she didn’t know much about his world, and didn’t do anything to make her one of those TSTL heroines. She was strong when she needed to be, soft in Jackson’s arms and one of the better heroines I’ve read this year. I was a little surprised when she admitted certain details about her sexual history to Jackson, but it all made perfect sense to me, and I loved it.

I thought the romance between Jackson and Alani was so well done. They both complimented each other perfectly. I loved that Jackson really brought Alani out of her shell – helped her get on with her life, even after the horrible kidnapping experience. For Jackson, Alani really seemed to bring him into the land of the living. He seemed to just be coasting through life, and she really gave him a purpose, a family, a reason to be happy and live life for something other than the job. They really were perfect. And the fact that they were so compatible in the bedroom had my glasses fogging at certain points! *wink*

We got to see plenty of Dare and Trace in this as well. Seeing them take on more of a big brother role with Alani was a fun and different side to them both. There were some hilarious scenes as well with Dare and Trace trying to intimidate Jackson with their big bother glares, and Jackson telling them both off. There were quite a few times I found myself laughing out loud at the dialogue and situations Jackson and Alani found themselves in.

The suspense part of the book was also great. I love that Foster is using this series to bring about awareness to human trafficking, and doesn’t sugar coat anything for her readers. I was kept on the edge of my seat wondering who the big bad villain of this story was, and was surprised at who it turned out to be. I also enjoyed that Foster introduced and used the secondary characters of Spencer and Jackson’s pseudo-little sister so much. They added a lot, and I hope their story will come next, I just know the two of them will have a great romance to tell.

All in all I absolutely positively LOVED everything about this book. I am definitely adding it to my list of 2011 favorite reads. Everything about it was spot on: the romance, the sexy times, the plot, the characters. I honestly can’t think of one thing I didn’t like. I think this is one of those books that romantic suspense fans MUST add to the book list as soon as possible!

I give Savor the Danger an A+