MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

The Sweetest Thing - Jill Shalvis Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/03/29/review-the-sweetest-thing-by-jill-shalvis/

Publisher: Forever
Publish Date: March 29, 2011
How I got this book: ARC from Mandi – Smexybooks

I just want to start by saying that Mandi from SmexyBooks is my blogging hero. She writes amazing reviews, is so fun to chat with, and always sends me fun books! When she offered to send me a preview of Ford, I jumped up and down, checked my mail twenty times a day, and gobbled it up the night it arrived. The second installment in the Lucky Harbor Series was amazing, and I so cannot wait for Shalvis to finish writing more!

Tara has finally started to find her place in Lucky Harbor, not only for herself but also with her sisters. She is starting to be happy, and the amazing and incredible Ford wants to try and win her back. The two have a long history together, and Ford just isn’t done with her yet. But when Tara’s ex-husband is back in town, wanting to reconnect, Tara will have to find them both off with a stick.

Thinks keep getting more and crazier when Tara’s past comes walking in the door, looking for a relationship. Soon her quiet little life turns up on end and she must come to terms with what will really make her happy.

I absolutely loved this story, everything about it. It was amazing and perfect and I just can’t say enough wonderful and fabulous things about Shalvis. I have yet to pick up a book of hers and NOT love it. I really enjoyed the start of the Lucky Harbor series, and was anxiously waiting to find out more about Tara. She intrigued me with her seemingly perfect life that was far from it. Having to watch a heroine grow and change can be such an incredibly journey, and Tara’s was one of the best.

The ever changing dynamic and relationship between Tara and her sisters is one of my favorite aspects of this series. Having three sisters who were not raised together and coming to find their balance within a trio is so fun to watch. Each finding their own way in their new life, with their new loves, with running a business and still finding time to form the foundations of sisterhood is just amazing. I love their constant bickering, the make ups, and the realization that they will always have each other’s backs, regardless.

My second favorite part is Ford. Damn that man is fabulous. He was everything you expect in a romance hero: sexy, smart, understanding, demanding, caring, funny… An all around fabulous guy. He was so patient with Tara, and yet pushy when he knew she needed it. The chemistry between the two was smoking, but the history there just added to all the tension and intensity. I love that they were given the chance to face their past and move forward.

The love triangle between Tara, Ford and her ex-husband was great as well. The way the town reacted to it had me laughing out loud, it was great. I was happy with Tara’s decision and thought that Shalvis wrote it in a way that was exceptionally well done.

I am now anxiously waiting the next installment, Head over Heels, Chloe and Sawyers story. I’m such it’ll be just as amazing as the last two!

All in all, I give The Sweetest Thing an A!