MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Believe - Lauren Dane Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: 12/6/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

Jude and Rori are spending their first Christmas together as a couple, and with all the craziness with their friends and family, will be hard pressed to find time for just the two of them. With the memory of Rori’s late husband still somewhat hanging over their head’ Jude is looking for a way to start creating new memories.

He treats the two of them to a romantic getaway in the mountains, where the two of them can not only be alone, but can also spend their days and nights exploring their dominant and submissive relationship. Although Jude is ready to take their relationship to the next level, he worries that Rori might not be ready to make the big commitment.

But little does he know that Rori is ready, and is prepared to take their vacation as an opportunity to show him just how ready she is to not only submit, but commit.

I really enjoyed this story, and although it was one of the first few Dane books I’ve read, and I have to say I will be picking up more of her work from now on! I later learned that this is not the first time we have met Jude and Rori, but I was really glad that I wasn’t lost at all in their story, or confused by any information that was maybe explained before and left out this go around. So for those of you who haven’t picked up any previous books, you won’t be lost!

I really like Rori and Jude together, and although they had tons of history, I felt completely at ease hopping into their story and falling in love alongside them. The two of them just really seemed to fit well together and their relationship felt so real. I was glad that the issue of Rori’s dead husband wasn’t something that was ignored, and thought that both Rori and Jude handled the situation as best they could, which still staying true to their feelings. It felt as if it was something that a real couple would go through, say to each other and feel towards each other.

Dane is also amazing when it comes to the smut. The book was smokin’ and if all her other books are hawt as this one; you can guarantee Dane will be on my lookout list!

All in all, I give Believe 4 out of 5 Christmas getaways!