MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Holiday Sparks - Shannon Stacey Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: December 6th
How I got this book: NatGalley

Chloe is house-sitting for her parents when she inadvertently blows a fuse she had never seen before. She calls the local electrician, and when more sparks begin to fly at her first glimpse of him, she decides to do a whole electrical re-wiring of her parents house as a Christmas gift.

Scott has had a huge crush on Chloe for as long as he can remember, and when the chance comes to spend almost every day with her, he jumps at the opportunity. But while Chloe is obviously attracted to him now, he can’t help but wonder what she’ll think when she realizes who he really.

As they spend more and more time together, the attraction that is heating up quickly morphs into something more, but it is something they are ready for?

I thought this story was so cute and sweet. Another amazing Shannon Stacey creation, she has quickly become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors.

I always enjoy stories about couples who either dated or knew each other previously, and find each other again. Although Scott and Chloe were never involved in high school, he seriously crushed on her, and she did notice him, despite what he thought. Being that I was a pretty big nerd in high school, I always love to see the underdog rise up and get the girl.

One of the things that I’ve come to count on with Stacey is that she always delivers great, well rounded characters. Chloe and Scott are no exception, and although the story is a short one, they just dragged me under and into their story, and left me wishing it could continue on and on.

Also, being a HUGE animal lover and advocate, I’m always excited when authors add in animals into their stories (as mine are a huge part of my life). I was so glad to see how large of a part the dog Kojack played. It’s just a simple little extra touch that leaves a smile on my face even now, days after I’ve finished the story.

This novella is a part of the Naughty and Nice anthology from Carina Press. It can be purchased in the anthology (featuring stories by Jaci Burton, Megan Hart, and Lauren Dane) or by itself.

All in all, I give Holiday Sparks 4 out of 5 smokin’ electricians!