MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

All She Wants For Christmas (Kent Brothers, #1) - Jaci Burton Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: 12/6/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

Riley Jensen is a big name country music star, who was talked into doing a documentary in her childhood home town. Not really wanting to go back, she grudgingly agrees and within moments of arriving in town, finds herself face to face with the man who broke her heart and caused her to leave in the first place.

Ethan Kent loved Riley for as long as he could remember, and still dealt with the loss of her every day. But his daughter has kept him living in his hometown, trying to make the best life possible for her. One look at Riley threatens his control, and memories and desires from his past suddenly come back to the forefront.

But, will one magical Christmas celebration be enough to bring these two lost souls together?

I absolutely adored this story. It was sweet, romantic, heart breaking, and full of holiday cheer. Riley was such a strong and amazing, but incredibly lonely lead character. After having her heart broken in high school, finding her boyfriend and love in bed with her best friend, she runs as fast as she can to pursue a singing career. Within no time, she makes in big and never looks back, living her life in studios and on the road. Always alone. My heart bleed for her, but I was so glad to see that she was able to accept the past couldn't be changed, but instead tried to just life for the future.

While at first I wanted to hate Ethan on principal alone, he wormed his way under my skin and into my heart. Especially once the truth came out of his betrayal. The way that he was towards his daughter was so sweet and genuine, and I love when stories show the strength and bonds that fathers create with their daughters. Burton does an amazing job of showcasing that relationship.

The secondary characters were also a highlight in this book for me. Ethan's brothers and parents provided some great comedic and lighthearted relief during the stressful and emotional times between Riley and Ethan. It was the perfect mix of strong emotions, and fun lighthearted moments. When asked, Burton said that she would like to write the Kent brother's stories, but that there is nothing currently in the words. I can only hope that she finds the time to write those stories, I know that they would be amazing.

All in all, I give All She Wants for Christmas 4 out of 5 Christmas reunions.