MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Sins of the Flesh - Eve Silver Publisher: HQN
Publish Date: 10/1/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

The 3rd installment of the Otherkin Series is finally upon us!! There were so many questions left unanswered in the last book, and I sent up a little prayer to the book gods that Silver wouldn’t leave me with a total cliff hanger at the end of this one too! Especially since the next book isn’t out until next year.

Calliope is back from the first book, and I love her ever more now! I thought she was awesome before, but she just skyrocketed up in my book. She is working diligently for the Daughter’s of Aset, trying to kidnap someone who should have vital information about the death of Lokan Krayl.

Like Callie, Mal is also hot on this suspect’s tail, and when the two paths collide, they explode. A kick ass sword fight ensues, as well as some heated stolen kisses, a battle with fire genies, and some smokin’ hot shared dreams! As these two get closer and closer to finding out who really killed Loken, Mal might have to make the decision of a lifetime. His brother? Or his newfound love?

I really enjoyed this one. I’ve loved Calliope from the beginning, and was happy to see her end up with Mal. I really enjoyed that we got a closer look into the Daughters of Aset, and how each member fits into the organization. I was upset for Calliope with the way she was treated by her fellow Daughters, and was glad to see how things ended up working for her in the long run.

After the last book, I was worried that we would continually be left with tons and tons of questions. Thankfully, Silver answered MOST of them for us. Yes, we do find out who killed Lokan and how it was done. Yes, we do find out who all the major players were in the assassination. Yes, we will get to see more of Lokan’s revenge (at least I can only hope with the way it was foreshadowed!) However, more questions have now arisen. Thankfully, there will be additional books in the series.

In the last book, I felt as if the romance was a little rushed, but with Calliope and Mal, it felt more genuine. I enjoyed their little courtship song and dance. I know I can always count on Silver to have strong female characters who aren’t willing to just jump into bed with anyone, and actually take the idea of a relationship seriously. I enjoyed watching Calliope struggle with the thoughts and ideas of being emotionally intimate, and loved when she finally gave everything she had to give to Mal.

I’ve really enjoyed the Otherkin series so far, and can’t wait to see how things progress with Lokan!

All in all, I give Sins of the Flesh 3.5 out of 5 murders solved!