MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Finding Master Right - L.A. Witt Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/06/17/review-finding-master-right-by-la-witt/

I’ve read a few of Witt’s short stories in anthologies I’ve received over the years, so when I saw this book on NetGalley, I immediately decided I needed to read it, right away!

Derek and Chase have been great friends for a long time, and now that Chase is finally boyfriend free, Derek is anxious and nervous at the idea of finally getting his chance to not only submit to Chase, but try for so much more. The only problem is, Derek refuses to be Chase’s rebound guy, so despite the hot night of vanilla sex, Derek tries to put some distance between himself and Chase – regardless of how hard that is to do at a leather convention, with them as roommates.

Chase is mostly over Ian, and the only one he wants to play with over the weekend is Derek. But Derek seems to keep Chase at an arm’s length. Chase watches over Derek as he plays with others and is constantly there for him, but by the end of the weekend, Chase wants nothing more than to be the only Master that Derek looks to for satisfying his kinks.

I really liked this story, I thought it was a super sexy and fun romance. I really liked the dynamic between Derek and Chase, especially since they were both so sure of their own feelings for each other, and completely oblivious of the other’s feelings. While Chase worried about why Derek didn’t want to submit to him, Derek was constantly worrying about Chase’s feelings towards his ex. It was like a merry-go-round with these two, both worry about things that a simple conversation would have cleared up. But at the same time, they were both so scared of crossing any sort of boundaries with their friendship, that the lack of communication didn’t bother me as much as normal.

Although the sexy times between Derek and Chase were limited, I loved the way the dominance and submission played such a huge role in the book. The sexual tension between these two was so thick and steamy, and it added such an intense layer to the book that I loved so much. Chase went above and beyond caring for Derek, and that spoke volumes to me about his love and dedication to the other man. Even after having to watch Derek scene with someone else, Chase was still there to attend to Derek’s needs after the fact, and I loved that.

All in all I really liked this book. It had a lot of sexual tension between Derek and Chase that sizzled each and every page. I thought the romance was a great build from friends to lovers, and although I wish they would have communicated better, I totally understood their reluctance to do so.

I give Finding Master Right a B-