MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

No Romance Required - Cari Quinn Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/09/13/review-no-romance-required-by-cari-quinn/

I’m a fan of Quinn’s books, so when she emailed me about her newest Love Required book, I was interested to see how things would work out between frenemies Cory and Vicky.

Cory is a workaholic CEO who has been waiting for the moment his parents retire to Arizona and he can take on the company full time. But between his daily duties, launching a magazine and everything else he has going on, Cory doesn’t have time to really live his life, and dating is totally out of the question. But his parents demand he start to slow down, and they think getting a girl is the perfect way to do it.

Vicky has crushed on Cory longer than she can remember, but he has always brushed her off. Until one night when he takes her higher than any man has before. Now their pictures are splashed across the newspaper gossip pages, and Cory asks Vicky to pretend to be his girlfriend. Vicky sees the opportunity to show Cory how they can be more than pretend, and jumps in. But her heart is on the line, and Cory is struggling with figuring out what is real, and what isn’t.

I always love stories when the hero and heroine are thrown together in a relationship they aren’t too sure they want. Although Vicky has crushed on Cory since they were kids, she also knows that she isn’t the kind of woman Cory wants to settle down with. She’s outspoken, a flirt, and has a larger-than-life personality, all things that Cory typically steers clear of. But as they explore their chemistry together, they are both shocked at how explosive they can be.

I thought the sex scenes with these two were off the charts. Not only does it take them forever to find a bedroom, but these two just have the kind of chemistry that keeps a book burning from page one. Every time the are next to one another, the sexual tension is spinning wildly out of control, and neither one of them cares to repress it. I adored their bathroom scene, especially since neither expected it. It was sexy and impulsive and so hot.

One of the things that I think Quinn knocked out of the park on this one was Cory’s apology. There was even a discussion between characters about how Cory needed to make a grand gesture in order to win Vicky’s trust once again, and he went all out. I loved his surprise, his willingness to rope in her brother (despite the fact the man hated him), and just how well he was willing to go to win her back. It was sweet and the perfect ending to the story.

All in all I was glad to see a few characters make another appearance, and loved our hero and heroine. Cory and Vicky were the perfect “opposites attract” couple, and both their romance and sexual chemistry was so fun to read. I can’t wait to see what Quinn has in store next.
I give No Romance Required a B+