MinnChica

MinnChica from The Book Pushers

Freeze Line - Moira Rogers Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: 12/7/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

Those of you who follow my blog and Twitter feed know that I have a huge girl crush on the writing duo known as Moira Rogers. And this winter they have a new novella coming out from Carina Press, part of the Winter Wishes anthology (with greats Vivian Arend and Vivi Andrews) that can be purchased as part of the anthology, or a stand alone novella.

An ice age has hit the earth again, and Shane is living well above the freeze line. Because of his werewolf magic, he fears going to live closer to the border, because the tight control he has over his wolf slips the closer he gets to the warmth. He enjoys his solitary life in a small town, making ends meet any way he can.

Out on his snowmobile one afternoon has him running across Nadia, a witch left to die in the frozen wastelands. Nadia was kidnapped by a group of werewolves and tortured endlessly. But Shane is her only hope, and she puts her trust in him.

As the two journey closer to the border, Shane notices his wolf coming more to the forefront, while Nadia’s power grows as well. As the two learn to lean and count on each other, they struggle to find a way to be together although they can’t live in each other’s worlds.

The Rogers team does an amazing job with their world building and Freeze Line is no exception. I’ve always loved the different takes on what the world will be like post-apocalyptic, and the ice age is always a fun one!

I really liked Nadia and Shane together, both hesitant to trust and rely on each other, but both drawn to each other like a moth to a flame. And the way they are able to make a conscious decision to be together, and actually make it work, warms my heart.

If you’re looking for a short and sweet classic romance with a paranormal twist, you need to pick this one up! My only gripe: I really wish it would have been longer so that some of the questions left opened were answered.

All in all, I give Freeze Line 3.5 out of 5 post-apocalyptic ice ages!